This strategic assessment of Akzo Nobel, one of the world€™s leading paints and coatings companies, provides significant competitor information, analysis, and insight critical to the development and implementation of effective marketing and R&D programs. The new report from Venture Planning Group presents a comprehensive analysis of the company€™s performance, capabilities, goals and strategies in the global paints and coatings market.
SECTION I: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- A 3-5 page synopsis of key sections.
SECTION II: BUSINESS ORGANIZATION
- History of the company€™s paint and coatings business evolution, which is important
to understanding the corporate culture, management mentality and strategies.
- Recent acquisitions, divestitures and major organizational changes.
- Current organizational structure.
SECTION III: SENIOR MANAGEMENT
- Names, titles and background of key executives.
SECTION IV: FACILITIES AND EMPLOYEES
- Administrative, manufacturing and R&D facilities in the U.S. and abroad.
- Manufacturing practices.
- New plants under construction.
- The U.S. and international work force size and distribution.
SECTION V: TECHNOLOGICAL KNOW-HOW
- Internally developed and acquired paint and coatings and related capabilities.
- Proprietary technologies and patent litigation.
SECTION VI: PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- Review of major product lines.
- Applications, advantages and weaknesses of leading products.
SECTION VII: MARKETING TACTICS
- Promotional tactics.
- Distribution approaches.
- Product service and support.
- Customer relations.
SECTION VIII: FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- Estimated sales by division, geographic region and product line. .
- Five-year sales and operating profit performance.
SECTION IX: R&D EXPENDITURES AND MAJOR PROGRAMS
- Estimated R&D budget.
- Research facilities and staff.
- New technologies, products and applications in development.
SECTION X: COLLABORATIVE ARRANGEMENTS
- Joint ventures, distribution, O.E.M. and licensing partners, both industrial and academic.
- Terms of collaborative agreements and specific products involved.
SECTION XI: STRATEGIC DIRECTION
- Specific business, new product development and marketing strategies.
- Strengths and weaknesses, e.g., managerial, organizational, marketing and product
- Anticipated acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures.
Contains 45 pages and 8 tables