The Nanotechnology Opportunity Report (NOR) 2008, 3rd Edition (click for more information) provides the most comprehensive report on the economic impact of nanotechnologies Cientifica has released to date. The report contains over 1,000 pages, several thousand figures and tables, and offers full market forecasts for the key industrial sectors impacted by nanotech, including:
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- Drug Delivery
- Chemicals & Advanced Materials
- Printing & Packaging
- Aerospace & Defense
- Medical Devices & Therapeutics
- Medical Diagnostics
The first edition of The Nanotechnology Opportunity Report in 2002 was described by NASA as “a breakthrough… the first complete report of the state of our field” and the new edition is the first complete picture of the economic impact of nanotechnologies.
Following ten years and billions of dollars of government funding the report charts the influence of nanotechnologies in shifting from merely observing nature to choreographing it.
Designed for corporate strategists and policy advisors, The Nanotechnology Opportunity Report 2008 looks at the current and future impact of nanotech based on sound and tested economic models based on technology diffusion, returns on government funded R&D and corporate R&D in over a thousand companies wordwide.
The new 1000-page Nanotechnology Opportunity Report, 3rd Edition, provides:
- New Content: Analysis and comprehensive reports on key market sectors including electronics, drug delivery, food, textiles and energy.
- New Data: on government funding, market sizes and rates of growth for key market sectors
- New Economic Model: Cientifica’s model includes global and corporate R&D nanotech spending for thousands of companies, and provides growth predictions and nanotechnology penetration rates.
- After ten years of R&D, maturing supply chains and quality control of nanomaterials is finally enabling higher value-added uptake.
- Most nanomaterials have been commoditized by existing industry players cutting start ups out of the game.
- The market for products enabled by nanotechnologies will reach US$ 263 billion by 2012.
- The highest growth rates will be in the convergence between bio- and nano- technologies in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Company Profiles: Hundreds of company profiles from key market sectors
- Key Market Sector Analysis including market sizes, future growth rates, key companies, applicable nanotechnologies and their applications
- Cost and Benefit Analysis Tables for nanotechnologies’ application to market sector products
- Timeline Roadmaps for nanotechnologies’ application to market sector products
- Government Funding for nearly 40 countries, including methods of distribution, timescales for funding, and areas of focus.