“New Frontiers in US Critical Care (ER, OR, ICU) Diagnostic Testing: Business Challenges, Emerging Technologies, Competitive Landscape” is Venture Planning Group’s new report, which provides comprehensive analysis of POC market segments, including their dynamics, size, growth, regulatory requirements, technological trends, competitive landscape, and emerging opportunities for instrument and consumable suppliers.
The growing economic pressures on hospitals, coupled with advances in diagnostic technologies, intensifying competition among suppliers and physicians, and changing consumer demands are shifting diagnostic testing from hospitals and commercial laboratories closer to the patient.
- Review of POC market segments, including their dynamics, trends, structure, size, growth and major suppliers.
- Five-year test volume and reagent sales forecasts for chemistry, immunodiagnostic, microbiology, hematology and coagulation procedures by market segment:
- Emergency Rooms
- Operating/Recovery Suites
and by test category:
- Routine and Special Chemistry
- Microbiology/Infectious Diseases
- Flow Cytometry
- Drugs of Abuse
- Endocrine Function
- Tumor Markers
Sales and Market Share Analysis
- Sales and market shares of major reagent and instrument suppliers.
Current and Emerging Tests and Instrumentation
- Analysis of over 130 diagnostic procedures.
- Review of leading chemistry, immunoassay, hematology and coagulation analyzers market by
Abaxis, Abbott, Alfa Wasserman, Awareness Technologies, Beckman Coulter/Danaher, Becton Dickinson, Behnk Elektronik, Biocode, Bio/Data, bioMerieux, Cardiovascular Diagnostics, Carolina Chemistries, Diagnostica Stago, Diesse Ves Matic, Drew-Scientific, Helena Laboratories, Horiba, Instrumentation Laboratory, Inverness, ITC Hemochron, Medica, Menarini, Nihon Kohden, Nova Biomedical, Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Polymedco, Randox, Roche, Siemens, Sysmex, Teco Medical Instruments, Trinity Biotech, and other suppliers.
- Emerging technologies and their applications for POC testing.
- Comprehensive listings of companies developing or marketing POC diagnostic technologies
and products, by test.
- Specific opportunities for new POC instruments and reagent systems with potentially
significant market appeal during the next five years.
- Design criteria for POC testing products.
- Alternative business expansion strategies.
- Potential market entry barriers and risks.
- Assessments of major suppliers and emerging market entrants, including their sales, product
portfolios, marketing tactics, joint ventures, and new products in R&D.
- The companies analyzed in the report include:
- ADI/American Diagnostica
- Agilent Technologies
- Beckman Coulter/Danaher
- Becton Dickinson
- Diagnostica Stago/Trinity Biotech
- Eiken Chemical
- EKF Diagnostics
- Helena Laboratories
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- International Technidyne/Nexus DX
- Kyowa Medex
- Mackay Life Sciences
- Nihon Kohden
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
- Takara Bio
- ThermoFisher/Life Technologies
This report is based on a combination of primary and secondary sources of information, including review of recent technical and business publications, manufacturer product literature, industry analyst reports, and Venture Planning Group's proprietary data files.
Contains 973 pages and 153 tables